Friday, November 5, 2010

forever thankful

A note from Jesus: ISAIAH 61
God has sent me on a mission.
I have some great news for you.
God has sent me to restore and release something.
And that something is You.
I am here to give you back your heart and set you free.
I am furious at the Enemy who did this to you,
and I will fight against him.
Let me Comfort you.
For, dear one,
I will bestow beauty upon you where you have known only devastation.
Joy, in the places of your deep sorrow.
And I will robe your heart in thankful Praise!

I remember when I first read this.. I stood there, at that time, in all my brokenness & self destruction...and my heart enlarged. I remember the feeling of hope that arose on the inside of me. Could it really be that there was One who had come for me, one who sought me out from the beginning of time, who knew all of the hurt endured, tears cried and all the fearful moments. One who longed to fight back for me, who saw worth in me to restore back what had been lost and stolen. One much greater and bigger than anything I had ever known before, who didn't see me in light of all my flaws, failures and sin but instead saw me through the eyes of mercy and grace. Not who or what I was but who He created me to be. In this moment of time, the King met me here, He picked me up from the mess I was in, cleaned me off and began to speak so tenderly to my broken heart. Little by little, He healed; piece by piece He replaced my brokenness and made me whole. He went to the places no one would venture to go because of fear but not Him- He came boldly for me. My knight in shining armor.  All that I thought was lost and too far gone, Jesus restored back to better than it could have ever been or imagined before. He restored an innocence in me that I had never known. In His eyes, I was white as snow and in time, I began to believe it too.  The heaviness, guilt and bondage I was trapped in for so long was gone. I found true freedom. Freedom from my past, my past that didn't have to define me or my future any longer. Because I came from brokenness, didn't mean I had to be broken forever. Jesus drew a line in the sand for me. He redeemed my life from a deep pit and made me new. All of which, I was so undeserving. But by His beautiful grace and mercy, He didn't see me or my worthiness, He saw Jesus, who paid my debt before I was ever created. The fullness of the cross brought me life. My words could never fully express the thankfulness, passion and love my heart holds for Him. I know fully the depth He brought me from. He ushered me into His light so I would no longer have to walk in darkness. Now free from shame and guilt, I walk in newness and freedom that is offered to me every new morning.

"...she who has been forgiven of much, will love much." Luke 7:47

2 comments:

  1. Great writing, and love the verse you closed with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for reading it~! GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!

    ReplyDelete