Wednesday, September 29, 2010

beyond blessed

my heart is so filled... I'm in a season where, by God's grace, I've found such contentment right where I am and with all I have. I don't have all the things in the world, but I know I've been given all I need. Yes, there are things I dream of and desire for one day. But I know God is sovereign and so faithful. I trust in His love for me and that He doesn't withhold good things but delights in giving the desires of my heart as well. He placed them within me and I know when He's ready and knows that I am, all will come to pass just as it should and be beautiful, in His time. A timing I have deep trust in.

It's so easy to loose track and get caught up in what we do not have, that we miss all we have been blessed with. Why would we be blessed with more when we can't even recognize and be thankful for all the things we do have? I'm guilty. But thankful for His grace. So in this season, my eyes have been opened to all I'm surrounded by and wow, it is good. I'm so greatful. When you're filled with a thankful heart, and measure all the blessings you do have, suddenly it doesn't feel you're missing out on so much.

I'm blessed:
I'm surrounded by a huge family that loves and supports both me and Kaylie more than I could ever ask for. We've been through so much, but nothing could separate the love we have for one another.
I have the most wonderful mom and although we don't always see eye to eye, I know she loves me and is in prayer for me and Kaylie daily. She has no other intention but good.
We have 9 healthy babies in our family that have never had to go with out.
God has truly done such a beautiful, redeeming work in my whole family. I've been so blessed to see the harvest from seeds of prayer sown.
I was blessed with a car! (completely free)
I have a roof over my head and always food to eat.
I have the most beautiful little girl who lights up my world. ..
Just today we were riding in the car, dancing to her favorite song and I looked in my rear view to see her with the biggest smile on her face. Priceless moments.
I have friends who are rock solid and have loyally walked with me through my darkest of times and I with them.They daily bring joy to my life through encouragement, love and silent laughs. (favorite)

I could go on forever. Our blessings are truly countless.So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment